Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday ramblings...

Hello all,

It has been awhile since I have written. Seems like time just escapes us so fast. We really don't have much to tell you that is exciting. Dwaine has battled two rounds of the flu this winter and I have battled with it too. Unfortunately, I can't take anything since I am pregnant (well not anything that works really well). I lived to tell about it though. We are all healthy now.

The adoption has hardly moved since last month. At least referrals are in 2006 now. The last batch was referred up to Jan 4 2006. Our log in is Feb. 27 2007. It will be probably 2-3 more years from now before we are matched with a healthy child. As I mentioned before, we are seriously looking into switching to special needs. However, so is the rest of the adoption world. I am afraid that the wait will go from non-special needs to special needs and we will be right back in the same boat we are now. We have talked a little to our OB and he said he would be happy to sit down with us and discuss the different conditions and what they might involve. That will be a lot easier to sift through some of those conditions so we can know exactly what we can and cannot handle. With the baby coming, we will be glad to wait a little while as we would like to have at least a year between the birth of our child and bringing home our adopted child. Hopefully this way, they will be very close in age.

I had another Dr.'s visit this week. I had a little complication with bleeding a couple of weeks ago and that is all perfectly fine now. The baby's heart rate has been at 150 the last several times we have heard it. At least the little one is consistent and seems to be healthy. The baby is growing right on target and I have only gained 1 pound so far. That is good news for me because at my age, the baby weight will be harder to loose later on. The doctor is pleased with the way everything is going and I am scheduled for my routine ultrasound April 1. I will definitely be posting pictures then because we should know if we are having a boy or a girl after that. We are still struggling with picking out names. If we have a boy, I think we are stuck on Ethan and his middle name will be Robert after my dad. The girls names are a little more difficult but her middle name will be Marie after my mom's middle name.

They still have not begun working on our house yet. I am getting really worried that they will not be finished before August. We are having new kitchen cabinets put in, remodelling our basement to add a living area and an extra bedroom and finishing the downstairs bathroom. Then they will be expanding our master bathroom and turning our bedroom into a master suite as we will incorporate the back spare bedroom into our room and will have much needed extra space and closet space. It will be so wonderful when it is finished but I am worried that our house will be torn up when we bring the baby home. Anyway, we are hoping...

Well, that's all for now. I will try to post more often because it seems as if I am only posting about once a month. My goal was originally to post once every other week. Oh well.....

Kelley

No comments: