Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A baby shower...

Well, last weekend Stacy's family hosted a baby shower for her. She and Chris got a lot of great things for their baby. Here are some pics.





It was very nice and they got some things that they will really use. She is just about 2 months away from having the baby. It is a girl and her name will be Lily. I can't wait until both of our children will be able to spend time together and play together. How cool is that?!


On another note, I wanted to post a couple more quilt squares that I got from a friend of mine who I know from church and who is also in our local adoption group. Thank you, Rosemary.




I have quite a few quilt squares now. Nowhere near 100 but I am still working on that. I am hoping that I will receive some from Dwaine's family. I haven't received any from them yet (hint, hint!) There is a great lady I work with who has offered to put the quilt together for me. That will be great! She also offered to make a baby quilt for our baby who will be here in August. When we find out if it is a boy or a girl, I will start working on that. I am now looking for someone who is a good seamstress. I want to have a baptismal gown made for the baby and I would like to have it made from my and my mother's wedding dresses. I can't sew worth anything so I need someone who is good at that kind of thing. By the way, we will find out the sex of the baby this Tuesday so stay tuned...

We celebrated Chris' 23rd birthday a couple of weeks ago also. Here is a picture from that.

I can't believe he is 23 already. We did have a cake for him by the way, it just didn't make it into this picture for some reason. He has grown up so much. If he reads this he will think I am a dork for saying so but I am old enough to be his mom, after all. He has had a lot of positive things going on lately. First, he met Stacy. The more I am around her, the more I like her. She is such a nice girl. Then he graduated from the police academy. Now he has a full time job as a police officer in Hannibal. He is also looking forward to the birth of his daughter. That is a lot to cause a person to grow up quickly. He has done a great job with his life and I am proud.

Well, that is all for now. Kind of a miscellaneous post but I will post more pictures after we get our ultrasound this week. I can't wait!!

Kelley




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics and I love the quilt squares. We are just half way to completing ours!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

I am on pins and needles to know what you are having!!! I will be checking back constantly until you announce it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK, two things. I have a square for you...I have had actually since Christmas, but I just haven't found the right thing to say on the card. Once I do though, I promise I will hand it over. Second thing, have you considered having someone take you to Clark and asking one of the Amish women there sew you a gown? It may not be fancy, but they are excellent seamstresses. Just a thought! ~ Amanda

Tamara said...

I can't wait until you find out if you're having a baby girl or boy!

I have another square for you too, honest, I just didn't know you would be there last time we got together.