Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

We're Home!!


We brought Ryleigh home on Monday (March 14). She is adjusting well to being home and she is really a pretty good baby. Finally, the rollercoaster madness has come to an end.


I look back and I see 11 1/2 weeks of bedrest, an emergency c-section and then 10 weeks in the NICU. Do I see tragedy? Do I see despair? Is this an experience that I will have nightmares about? The answer is "no". I see this whole experience as a blessing. It doesn't mean that it wasn't hard as hell to go through. But I have always said that a difficult experience is for naught unless you learn something from it. So have I learned anything? You bet! Here's what I've learned....


I have learned that people are not all bad. I was usually a pessimist about the hearts and souls of others. I am ashamed of that. Yes, there are bad people in this world but I am surrounded by people who are anything but bad. Mostly, they are angels. People that I don't even know who offer to help out or do whatever they can to comfort someone in need. It has taught me that I need to be more aware of other people in crisis.


I have learned the value of true miracles. They do exist. Not only do they exist, they happen every day and we need to learn to look for them in the ordinary things of life. There are no coincidences in this life. Only God-incidences. And because of this, I have learned that I must pray more and be more aware of God in my life. He is everywhere! I know that both of my children are miracles by their very creation itself and by the fact that neither one of them were supposed to be on this earth.


I have learned that my daughter is the most amazing person I know. I know how many lives she has touched and how many people she pulled together in prayer and thanksgiving. She is very special and I will never take that for granted. She is a fighter and she knows how much we all love her and want her with us.


So this whole experience, as difficult as it was and as many times as we thought we would lose her, has been a true blessing and shown us the true meaning of what our family means to us.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I just loved reading your whole story of your special baby girl. I am 17 weeks 4 days pregnant, my waters went at 13 weeks and have had no fluid for the last 2weeks. I have summoned myself to bedrest until my next appointment in 2weeks praying for more fluid. I know I am accumulating it as tend to lose it whilst upright so have figured as long as I'm laying down my little fighter should have some at least. I hope for the outcome you have had. I wish I had your doctors too, they sound so positive and helpful. I don't feel as well looked after as I lost the fluid so early on I don't believe they have any hope. They are still waiting for me to miscarry. It hasn't happened in nearly 5 weeks so I believe I have a fighter who has no intention of going anywhere! I can't wait to b further along so hopefully they will take more notice. I'm taking a positive outlook on this now and sending positive vibes to my baby. U had so much faith and hope and that worked for u! Hope all is well and u r enjoying being mobile again! Love Hannah x