Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Tribute to my Grandma


Marie Kuhn
Feb. 11, 1912 - Sep. 27, 2008

Things I remember about my Grandma

Her kindness
Her warm heart
Letting me play the organ in church after mass
Her interest in all of the activities of all of her grandchildren
Always asking me if I am saving enough money
Her snickerdoodles
The fact that she always called me Anne
Cardparties
The fact that she took care of my other Grandmother when she was dying because we couldn't be there.
Her holiday dinners
Cooking chicken on a makeshift grill in the back yard.
Mitsy & Taffy (her dogs that she loved)
Swinging on her swing with her.
Trying to make me feel better when I was sick
Her beautiful relationship with my Grandfather
Her strong faith in God
Feeding the squirrels from her kitchen window
Praying the rosary at her kitchen table
Praying the rosary in the car on our trip to Washington DC
Her love of travelling
The fact that she raised five children who have a strong faith in God
Offering to pray for me when I needed it


Grandma, I told you before you left that I would pray for you too. Please pray for all of us now and be happy with your family in heaven forever.

2 comments:

Adoption Momma said...

That's a beautiful tribute. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I adored my grandma. I can only imagine how close you two were. She is keeping watch over you in heaven.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. I am thinking of you.
Thank you for sharing all those wonderful memories.