Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Things not to say to a pregnant woman...

Pregnancy comments 101:

Here are just a couple of things NOT to say to a pregnant woman. (These comments were made to me)

1. Friend: "Oh, do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?
me: "yes, we are having a boy!"
Friend: "I could tell you were having a boy because when I was pregnant with my little boy,
my butt got really big too!"
me: ??????????? Thanks????

2. Friend (different friend than the previous one): "How far along are you?"
me: "Well, I have about 10 more weeks to go."
Friend: "Wow! You are really big and still have 10 weeks left!?!?"
me: *%^?#!!!

Now for the updates...

The renovations on our house are still going! It has been 2 months now. However, they now have all sheetrock in and taped and puttied. One more coat of putty, then sanding then we are ready to paint! They will start laying flooring hopefully the week after next. Then kitchen cabinets and counters! Maybe my house will be back together before the baby gets here. I will be painting the baby's room probably the night before my c-section, so if anyone feels they are talented in the painting area, please let me know. I am accepting any and all volunteers for helping. I am not too proud at this point in time to ask for help.

David has been home! It has been 7 months since we have seen him and he looks GREAT! He has also changed a little bit. I think the military has been good for him. He has made a lot of friends and is much more social than he was when he lived here! We are proud of him for all of his accomplishments and we are especially proud that he is serving his country.

Everyone is in New Jersey right now except me. Carrie is in this year's Miss New Jersey pageant again this year. My doctor has advised me that it probably would not be a good idea for me to travel this late in my pregnancy so I am staying home holding down fort Gelnar for now. You can see more info about the Miss New Jersey pageant including pictures at http://missnewjersey.net/



I am going to Quincy tomorrow to see my favorite niece! She is 3 weeks old now. Chris and Stacy are doing really well. They should be moving to Hannibal very soon into their new house that they bought! It is so cute! They have a lot of good things going on for them now and I am really happy for them both. They are finding out very quickly how to operate with no sleep right now. Chris says that Lily does not sleep very much at all and she eats all of the time. She is so cute, I can't wait to see her tomorrow.



Well, that's all for right now. My favorite show 20/20 is on and I have to watch. So farewell for now.



Kelley

3 comments:

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

1st off...just looked at the Miss NJ site and Carrie is the most beautiful BY FAR!
2nd...I bet your butt is NOT big!!!
3rd...I am sure you are not that big.
Ignore everyone who says something negative. All pregnant ladies are adorable and I am sure you are no exception!!! Enjoy your week.

Teresa =) said...

Kelley -

Perhaps you ought to get some more sensitive friends! Yikes!! =)

Don't know how you're enduring all that construction in your house. I think I'd go bonkers!!

I'm sure we would all love to see a pic of your big butt and enormous belly...profile shot, please! LOL!

Teresa =)

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful - she is the cutest pregnant lady I have seen in a long long time - even if she is a friend of mine. Her tummy looks like a little basketball!

I already volunteered to come and paint so you call and I will be there sister!

kim