Ethan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just thinking....


I have been thinking about a few things lately. Probably because I have had a little extra time on my hands the last few days. Dwaine has been in Washington, DC and I have been solo for the last 3 days. Sometimes it helps me to journal to get my thoughts in perspective.


I have been thinking about the adoption the last several days. Mostly in part because I have been looking at that stupid Rumor Queen site. This last month there were again, only 7 days worth of referrals. That puts us into the middle of November 2005. We were logged in Feb. 2007. If they only do one week of referrals per month, we will be dead before we get to go to China. I know that is very pessimistic and usually, I am not so much so but for some reason, I can't stop thinking about it lately. I don't want to be a mom who takes her kid out in public and everyone thinks the kid is her grandchild. I don't want to be too old to take good care of my daughter.


The other thing I have been thinking about is my dad. For whatever reason, he has been on my mind a lot lately. He will never see my children. He will not be a grandfather. This makes me incredibly sad. I miss him more and more all of the time. Just when I think it gets better, then it hits me all over again. I really hate that. He was such a good person and I always want to be like him.


I miss you, dad.


Kelley


3 comments:

Tamara said...

This creeeeping wait scares a lot of us. So does RQ on a bad day :). It would be nice to just see some progress since our LIDs, wouldn't it?

I would put money on a speedup happening, but not until the end of this year or early 08. Nov. is a huge referral month to get through and it will likely take 2-3 more months (ugh!). Around January the effect of adding more orphanages should start to be evident too. Hang in there!

Tracie Butka said...

I am from your LID Jan/Feb Group! Our LID is Feb 6, 2007. I can so relate to your post. I have been really thinking about time also. I do have two wonderful bio boy who keep me busy, but I still wonder when we will meet our daughter. It is good to know that I am not the only one waiting and wondering , truthfully it is called suffering, but I do know one thing and that is God is so in control. Maybe we will travel together. I have enjoyed reading your blog and will visit often.

Unknown said...

I had a thinking post today as well. Praying for ya